Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sunday, September 18, 1927

Sunday, September 18, 1927
Cooler

Rain about daylight and a fresh breeze getting cooler all day. All went to Sunday school but Gilbert and then after dinner went to the Morgans. Marjorie had a sleeveless voile and I was afraid she should get cold but John brought us home in their machine and we wrapped up. Had an awfully good time.

(Aunt Marjorie wrote, "This was Dale's birthday. I used to love going to Morgan's house! Aunt Grace and Janet (who was Dick's age, I think) always had new recipes and fancy foods. "Johnnie Bob" was Albert's age, and was a lifetime friend of my husband and me, and was always very innovative with his and his wife's parties. John Sr. was always funny and entertaining, and when I was young, I always said I wanted to marry a man like John Morgan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment